Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Want My Two Doll Hairs!!

Dough, Moolah, Coinage, Ben Franklins, C-Notes.  Yes, we are talking about money.  Our favorite descriptor for our favorite thing to have a lot of?  Doll hair(s).  Every time we read it, we giggle - nerds that we are.  Um, no dorks, we're dorks.  Blatantly playing off a line from one of John Cusack's finest 80's movie, Better Off Dead - "We want our two doll hairs"!   If they still made Zima, we'd have an 80's movie extravaganza and invite all of our friends over.  Hell, Malt Duck might be an even better selection, the grape kind. 

Doll Hair (Dawh-Hare): Of, or pertaining to a dollar, or many dollars, should you have them.  If you have an abundance of doll hairs, please give us some.  To use it in context for you, "I'd meet you for dinner at Spanish Village later, however, I don't have enough doll hairs to buy dinner and the 2 frozen margaritas that I know I'd drink."  Or, "I'd purchase reserved seats for the Hair Band Reunion Tour, but, they want a hundred and forty doll hairs for them.  Looks like I'll be sitting on the lawn, instead."

What fun and exciting things do you do with your extra doll hairs?  Declining minds want to know.

*Zima, though introduced in 1993, typifies the 80's for us.  Malt beverages, buscept "El Toro", were wildly popular among the cauliflower-bang and leg-warmer set.

No comments: